Last week started with an email from the director of our agency with the word "Urgent" in the subject line. Not something you want to see in your inbox on a Monday morning. Apparently a document was missing from the package that was delivered to the US consulate a month ago. So we were a month behind where we though we were and at this rate would not be traveling with the group and the doctor at the end of the month.
The director apologized profusely and told us to give her a day or two to talk to her contact at the consulate and see if they can do anything. If we were with another agency I would, at this point have resigned myself to traveling later than we expected. But we have seen the director of our agency work miracles, of which I reminded Jen.
We spoke to the director the following day and she told us that her contact at the consulate was no longer there but she was going to talk to her new contact that night. So we wait until Wednesday morning and get a call from the director of the agency saying that they can expedite our case if we get a letter from our doctor stating that Cameron would benefit from coming home ASAP.
Jen immediately got on the phone with our pediatrician's office to see if they would be willing to write us a letter. Of course, our pediatrician was out of the office for the day. But Jen somehow convinced them to get another doctor in the office to sign a letter that she had written for them.
We emailed the letter to our agency and were told to hold tight. Amazingly, the following morning there was an email in my inbox from the US consulate that our Article 5 was approved and was ready to be picked up. This process normally takes 2 weeks. We are still not out of the woods yet as we still need Travel Approval but the director of our agency assured us that we will get it in time to travel with the group.
I knew in my gut that somehow our agency would pull it off but it still made for a pretty crazy week.