Sunday, December 28, 2008
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Hope everyone gets everything they want this year and has a very Merry Christmas. We now have everything we could ever want, I can't think of anything that would make this holiday season better.
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Getting bundled up
Sunday, December 14, 2008
It has been a few months since we did a milestones post so here is the latest on Grace.
- At almost 15 months Grace is 30.5 inches tall and weighs in at 24 pounds.
- She is now wearing 18 - 24 months clothing.
- Grace has lots of new words: Na-na (Banana, Night-night or no-no). Cheese/cheesy, chicken, Pa (for grandpa), Ho Ho Ho...not really a word but damn cute.
- Imitates many sounds, too numerous to list but her meow is the cutest, I need to try to catch it on video.
- Grace signs more and all done.
- Nods yes and understands what yes means.
- Grace blows kisses.
- She also now has 10 teeth
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Sunday, December 07, 2008
Tuesday, December 02, 2008
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Sunday, November 09, 2008
We knew we needed to try something to get Grace back on track with her sleep or else Mommy and Daddy would drop from exhaustion. While we were waiting for Grace we read Dr. Richard Ferber's book, Solve Your Child's Sleep Problems. We were a little hesitant to try his methods as it requires you to let the child cry a bit in order to teach her to put herself to sleep. Letting a baby cry is pretty contrary to all of the attachment parenting we have been doing but we are pretty confident at this point that Grace is attached to us so we though we would give it a shot.
The first couple nights were pretty rough as we normally don't let Grace cry for more than 30 seconds before we go pick her up so letting her cry for a few minutes was heartbreaking. But amazingly after a few days Grace had learned to put herself to sleep and it has now been more than a week since she has woken up in the middle of the night crying. If Grace does wake up, Jen just has to run in and tuck her into bed with Teddy Rabbit and she is fine in less than a minute.
So now that Grace is sleeping much better, Jen and I were able to have our first night out as a couple since we got Grace almost 6 months ago in China. My company had a party Friday night on a Boston Harbor cruise ship so we were able to have a nice dinner, a little dancing and show off Grace's pictures to some of my co-workers. It was a fun night and Jen only called home to check in once. Luckily Grace did great, Grammy came over to babysit and she just loves her Grammy so she went right to bed without any trouble.
Thursday, November 06, 2008
Sunday, November 02, 2008
Grace just loves Lucy, she like nothing more than giving her hugs and kisses. Unfortunately Lucy is not always in the mood. Over the past month Lucy has bitten Grace a couple times, fortunately her bites aren't very hard, more like a warning to back off. This week we decided that something needed to be done when Lucy took a swat at Grace. The scratch didn't seem to bother her too much, she didn't cry or make much of a fuss about it. The results of the swat below.
So Jen went to work to find a solution to the problem, she found this cool product called Soft Paws that are little caps that you glue on the claws. We put them on this weekend and they seem to be working out OK.
Jen is now jealous that the cat has a better manicure than her!
Friday, October 31, 2008
Sunday, October 26, 2008
- Grace now has 8 teeth, the 8th one broke through last week.
- Grace is now walking about 40% of the time, rather than crawling. Being carried by Mommy and Daddy is still her preferred mode of transportation though.
- She continues to mimic everything we do, the latest cute thing is trying to snap her fingers.
- We currently have Grace almost totally off baby food.
- She no longer drinks formula, she is a whole milk girl now.
- She is getting really affectionate. We (including Lucy) have been getting lots of unsolicited hugs and kisses lately.
- She has outgrown her baby tub and has graduated up to the big-girl bathtub.
- Has started to drink through a straw and is doing better with her sippy cup.
- She can climb the entire flight of stairs to the 2nd floor.
- She has moved up to 18 month clothing. She still wears her 12 month stuff but some of it is getting a bit snug.
- She has the following words in her vocabulary: Ma ma, Da da, kitty (whispered for some reason), Hi (sounds more like Haaaa), and the word she enunciates most clearly is Bum (taught to her by Mommy). She also has a ton of sounds that are the makings of words, she just hasn't put them together yet.
And some pics from Uncle Joe, Auntie Cat, and Auntie Lina's visit this weekend. That is remnants of Burgundy pie on her face.
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
As evidenced in our previous post Gracie is getting to be quite the climber. Below is footage of Gracie's first solo trek up the stairs. Not sure why she needs to slap each step multiple times on the way up but whatever works I guess.