Sunday, August 12, 2012

Almost there

Just 11 short days until we leave for China to get Cameron.  This past week we got our travel approval and confirmed consulate appointment of September 5th.  This means we are back on track with the rest of our group. 

One disappointment is we found that our agency is not sending our group through Beijing for sightseeing this time around.  We were really looking forward to climbing the Great Wall with Grace but that will have to wait until the kids are older I guess. 

Our flights, in a word, suck.  Since there are no direct flights from the US to Nanchang we need to fly first from Boston to JFK, then to Hong Kong, then to Guangzhou, then finally to Nanchang.  Did I mention that our flight to Hong Kong leaves JFK at 1:30 am...on my birthday?  Did I also mention that is about 30 hours of travel time?  Did I also mention we will be taking Grace?  Did I also mention I can't sleep on planes.  Yeah...Suck.  Jen inquired about a different itinerary but it wasn't that much better and was a couple grand more.  So we will tough it out with our eyes on the prize.



We have a travel meeting at our agency tomorrow afternoon to iron out all the details and meet the rest of our travel group.  Hopefully no more surprises from here on out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Just a few more short days and your son will be in your arms!

Dawn

Beth said...

Have a great trip and I can't wait to read about Gottcha day. Unfortunately my friend Odeilla will not be traveling with your group there was a problem with some of her paper work so Lillian is hoping she travels in September. Since she is a single mom was hoping she was traveling with a group but now I think she will be traveling on her own.

Beth