Saturday, April 04, 2009

One Year

It is hard to believe that it was one year ago today that we got the call from our agency telling us we have a daugher. A few hours later we saw the most beautiful face we had ever seen.

That day was one of the most exciting days of our lives. If you want to relive the day with us you can read about it here and here. We were on such a high that day and that high has continued to this day. It has been quite a year, it seems to have gone by so fast yet it is hard to remember what life was like before Grace.

Jen went out with some friends today so I got to spend the day with just Grace and I. At one point today I was sitting on the couch with Grace sleeping on my chest, reflecting on all that has happened in the past year. It was a pretty surreal thinking back about how much our life has changed and how much it will change in the years to come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will try not to be too 'long winded' here.. LOL... Approximately 1 year ago I was questioning "How do we NOT wait for Gracie?" Because I was SO used to waiting.. well, that faded.. and now I wonder "Did life exist prior to Grace?" I really do not recall a time when Gracie 'wasn't with us yet'... I absolutely hate the phrase "Things happen for a reason".. because it is SO true but you cannot see it at the time. Grace is the 'epitomy' of all 'we' could ever ask for - and then some- beauty, humor, intelligence, etc etc.. Does it get any better? I can 'give' this advice but cannot 'take' it-- Gracie surely 'happened' for a reason.. for herself, for her parents, and for all the people that adore her.. PS- I CANNOT wait until she is really talking and answering the phone-LOL... dying to hear the random stuff she will say.. HAHAHA love Tammy..oh God, then she'll be riding a bike, and sleep overs, driving a car, graduate school!! LOL!