Sunday, January 06, 2008

To Jamaica or Not to Jamaica, That is the Question

So we are at that time of year again where is is really cold up here in New England and we are missing the warmth of Summertime. For the last two years for Jen's winter break have taken our "Last Childless" vacation to Sunset at the Palms in Negril, Jamaica.

For the past couple years I have been banking my vacation time to use on our trip to China and take some time off afterwards to bond with Grace. I have almost 6 weeks saved up which would give me a nice chunk of time to stay home and get in the swing of being a dad. But then, we really don't know how much longer the wait is going to be and some time for Jen and I to get away from it all would definitely do us some good.

So help us decide. I put a poll up on the right where you can vote to tell us whether you think we should take the trip this year or not.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow... I just clicked the link and that place looks amazing! oh what I would give to be on the beach right now! I would go!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Go for it! You are very close to your LID but still, it's all so uncertain right now. If you need the vacation, take the vacation. :o)

Anonymous said...

We would go :) sounds like heaven!! :) PS: if you guys don't want to go, we are MORE than willing to take your place..haha :D

Anonymous said...

You guys love the place so much...you might as well go! You may not get the chance for a long time after this one (I know you've thought that before but REALLY now right?!) And you can use the rest of the wait for Grace to build back up some the time you used!
Go get some R & R - recharge those batteries, you both need and deserve it!