- Grace will be turning 2-1/2 later this month. We can't believe how fast she is growing. She amazes us daily with how smart she is and always has us laughing with the things she comes up with.
- It has been a rough winter for Grace health-wise. She has had an ear infection, a sinus infection, pnemonia, a stomach virus and at least a half dozen colds. She was barely sick last winter....must be daycare.
- To go along with the above sicknesses Grace has been prescribed three rounds of antibiotics, the third we are currently in the midst of.
- We converted Grace's crib to a big-girl-bed a couple months ago. Grace is doing great with it although we often get a little visitor staring at us in the middle of the night.
- Grace has been going pee and poop on the potty for months now, although not consistently. We think she is ready to go diaper free but we will probably wait until Jen's April vacation to officially start.
- Grace is now at the age where she is testing boundaries. We have started issuing time-outs to stem the unwanted behavior. This seems to stop the bad behavior when it is happening but doesn't keep it from happening the following day.
- Grace was given a developmental assessment at daycare a few months ago and she scored above average in all areas. We had a meeting with her teacher to review the assesment aand she was very impressed with Grace. The only area she said Grace needs to work on is cleaning up after play. Grace tends to dissapear at clean-up time. We have the same problem at home. Probably pretty typical two year old behavior though.
- Grace's communication continues to improve by leaps and bounds. She can recite her ABCs and can count to 20. She speaks in full sentences now and it is pretty rare that she says something that we don't understand.
- She has her daily schedule down better than mommy and daddy. She knows which days of the week she goes to Me Me's, Gram's, and daycare. And she has been known to correct us if we get the day wrong.
- She can sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, the Barney Song and The Wheels on the Bus and certain parts of many others.
- She can get a drink of water from the sink by herself. I actually found this out as I was writing this and she snuck upstairs. All was quiet (never a good thing) and I found her upstairs (without pants on) on her stool pulled up to the sink. When she saw me coming up the stairs she said "My getting a drink of wa wa".
Sunday, March 14, 2010
State of Grace
I havent posted on the latest milestones that Grace has reached recently so I figured tonight I would post a little update....
Posted by Steve and Jen at 5:46 PM